From the stunning rocky coastline to gorgeous weather to the possibility of a run-in with your favorite celebrity, time spent in the exclusive enclave of Goa is tempting for many reasons.
With 99 beachfront miles on the west side of the famed Goan beaches and spectacular rolling hillsides to the east, Goa offers both a relaxed, beachy vibe and an air of elegance and sophistication.
If Western Indian beaches are calling and you’re considering purchasing in the Divine State, put on your sunglasses, pack some SPF 30 and discover eight reasons why Goa might just be the perfect place to buy your second home.
1. There’s a neighborhood and a home for everyone
While Goa is known for its incredible waterfront mansions, there are actually a variety of neighborhoods and property types to satisfy every buyer, from contemporary single-family houses to sleek condos to sprawling ranches. So no matter if you want to buy a luxury pool house or you want to buy a beachside villa in Goa, you will have an option.
Where you choose to buy in Goa comes down to your interests and budget, more than anything. Are you looking for oceanfront luxury? Looking for solitude? Goa’s most luxurious and thoughtfully developed neighborhoods by Veera Developers — Veera Vaddo, Veera Prestige, Veera Harbor, Veera Casa, Veera Strand Park, and more — offer lush natural habitats, plenty of wildlife, and room to roam and are some of the best properties to buy in Goa.
2. That SoGoan sunshine can’t be beat
Located midway between the Tropic of Cancer and the Equator, you will enjoy virtually uninterrupted sunshine and high daytime temperatures averaging 30ºC. You can bask in the healthy doses of Vitamin D from your balconies or the grand stretch of palm trees or in your own indoor pool when you buy a luxury villa in Goa. With almost no rainfall from November through to April, the weather in Goa makes it an ideal choice for an exotic winter sun break. The combination of warm weather and gentle, cooling ocean breezes give Goa a tropical climate that’ll make you feel like you’re on a permanent vacation.
3. The views speak for themselves
We could wax poetic about Goa’s views all day — the sweeping ocean vistas from Calangute - long stretch of soft white sand backed by verdant palm trees, the rocky outcropping of Cola beach - with an unprecedented sense of peace and quiet, amid the blissful and idyllic nature, and the sprawling sands at Sinquerim beach - a sedate but beautiful place to lay your beach towel. But there’s really nothing like taking in these views in person … especially if you can do it from the balcony of your 3 BHK poolside villa (available for sale).
4. You’ll love soaking up the surf culture, or dolphin watching
When conditions are just right, surfers flock to Goa’s world-famous surfing breaks, as they have for a century. And whether you’re a surfer yourself or just like the laid-back surf town vibe, you’ll love learning about the Goan surf history. The laid-back, sand-between-the-toes lifestyle remains part of the city’s unique charm. If soaking up the surf culture doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you can get stuck into basking in the sunshine on a sun lounger and dolphin watching. Isn’t buying a villa a Goa, a promising high?
5. Endless activities await
While staring at the surf and basking in the sun are worthwhile ways to spend any day in Goa, Goa has so much more to offer with its rich history and globally impacted culture, as reflected in the myriad festivals, events, and entertainment options.
When you purchase a flat in Goa, you sign up yourself for a vacation that never ends at your own home. Spend a sunny Sunday morning at the Goa Farmers Market, where you’ll find farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, organic treats, artisan wares, and fresh flowers. Visit Churches that are rich in historical antiquities and unique magical tales which will surprise you. When evening falls, hit up the Goa Science Center and Planetarium with your family and enjoy a break from beaches as if an astronaut near the seas.
Whenever your friends and family want an excuse to visit (not that they need one!), suggest they come during one of Goa’s wonderful annual events, including the Goa Carnival, the Feast of Saint Francis Xavier, Three Kings Feast, Grape Escapade, Goa Food & Culture Festival, Sao Joao Festival, Shigmo, Bonderem and so many more.
6. Delicious dining is ready to tempt you Whether you’re in the mood for a casual al fresco lunch, beachside fine dining, or farm-to-table fare, Goa has it all. Goa is a foodie paradise, especially with an overwhelming number of cafes, restaurants, home chefs, and even food pop-ups that open every day here. But some of these places have stood the test of time, so we'd suggest beginning your Goa culinary adventure at these restaurants. Here are a few must-try’s: Snag a reservation at Cantare, indulge in chorizo pav, ceviche, and ghee roasted pork ribs from The Black Sheep Bistro, or imbibe yourself in Goan sunset with The pepper crab, butter garlic prawns, and red snapper studded with racheado masala at The Lazy Goose. Your weekends and your tired evenings will never be boring with the scrumpilicious food options when you buy a 2 BHK or 3 BHK apartment in Goa.
7. The outdoors are calling Warm, breezy weather and plenty of unspoiled natural areas make Goa the perfect getaway for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers.
Watersports opportunities abound, so you can spend every weekend trying something new. Charter a fishing boat, rent a kayak, or take a private surf lesson from one of the many surf shops that dot the coastline. Oh, and speaking of the coastline, keep your eyes peeled and you may see a dolphin or two — having playtime at Goa’s beaches.
When you buy a villa in Goa, you sign up for a lifetime of pleasure, comfort, and adventure.
8. Goa’s wine country is on the rise While many parts of Southern India are already world-famous for their wine production, Goa is relatively new on the scene. Wine lovers will find Goa’s burgeoning wine scene to be friendly, flavorful, and bursting with beautiful views. The one drink that separates Goa from the rest of the world is Feni - and believe us when we say - you cant afford to miss it. Feni is a traditional liquor distilled from the fermented juice of cashew apples. It is safe to drink as it is free from organic or artificial flavors. The name "feni" is derived from the Sanskrit word “phena” which actually means froth. It is due to the fact that bubbles form a light froth when the liquor is shaken in a bottle or poured into a glass. Feni is a part of Goa’s food tradition for the last 400 years. Unlike other liquors, it doesn’t give you a hangover. It also got the Geographical Indication (GI) certificate in 2009. In 2016, the Goan government initiated the process of declaring it as a heritage drink. So you can lounge in the living room or by the poolside of your newly bought 3 BHK Villa in Goa, Veera Vaddo with a glass of Feni in your hand. What’s more, do you need from life?
Discover your Goa oasis
If laid-back luxury is calling, Veera Developers - the reputed developers of Goa, offers picture-perfect second homes in Goa. As an owner, you’ll get all the perks of owning a second home without all the hassle. We’ll handle the maintenance and property management tasks, so you can just show up and go straight into vacation mode. The beach is waiting! View Veera Group listings at www.veeragoa.com to get started.